Monday, March 13, 2006

Advertisments

This March school holidays, KPC Youth Ministry will be having its inaugural dragonboat fellowship event. This is will also be the first of the 4 quartely fellowship events. To anyone interested, the details are as follows:

When: 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m., Friday 17 March 2006
Where: Kallang Sea Sports Club (Lavender MRT Station)
What: Games/Activities, Lunch provided, Dragonboating, REST then go home lah then.
Who to look for: Bryan LEE (please get your consent forms signed and return to him Friday latest if not, sorry cannot go)
Cost: FOC

If Chong Ping really manages to get his NCC boys down, it'd be a huge gathering man. More outsiders than KPCians man. Whoa. Tuesday's the recce.

Next event. 1 April. Some sorta gathering's been planned. I don't know how to name it though. Anyway here're the details that I have so far.

When: Time to be confirmed, Saturday to maybe Sunday, 1 to 2 April 2006
Where: National Service Resort and Country Club, 10 Changi Coast Walk, Singapore 499739 (Free Shuttle Bus Service from Tanah Merah MRT Station)
Who: Good question (some of the arts people from the Class of 2005, JJC and some KPCians I think)
Cost: Well the bungalow itself's free, courtesy of my father who somehow always manages to get things at a discount or at no cost at all! I wanna work in a big company like his next time man. Hah.

But I don't know if we have to pay for the use of the BBQ pit. And of course, there's always the cost of food, which will be much lower if we go potluck. Aiya see how lah. Anyway the word has been sent out, so now's the wait-and-see-who'll-be-coming time. I myself haven't seen the place yet, but here's a map of the place that I plucked from the NSRCC website:

Okay lah not very detailed but still. I tried uploading the pictures of the chalets and all, but it proved to be a nightmare. For more details, you can always visit the NSRCC website. :) But don't take the pictures at face value, I mean, you know how photographs can prove to be deceptive advertisments right. Ah-hah yes.

Acknowledgements: National Service Resort & Country Club, Singapore Technologies Kinetics

Anyway, advertisments aside, it looks like Parkway's been the "haunt" of choice the past two or three weeks. There was Swensens', Jack's Place, Burger King, and the various shops we visited today. Well at least we got what we needed to get, not from Parkway, but from Tampines instead. I must say Claudia's quite creative when choosing and packaging stuff. She won't be reading this anyway, so it's safe to say this lah huh. :) So the school holidays are here again! Of course it makes no difference to someone who's been on holiday since December last year, because every day's a holiday. Until 7 April lah that is.