Observations
I'm quite stuck with my GPS essay. It's really not good to get stuck writing a term paper that will constitute a substantial percentage of your total grade, especially for your major module. And the good news is, I'm going to be doing this for the rest of my four years here. If I make honours.
ACM today was quite technical at first [read: accounting is not my forte, but I'll have to take it next semester nonetheless! =(], but there was some excitment and emotion towards the end. So now we'll have to adopt a wait and see attitude. Still, it's heartening to see some of our members stepping up to voice their views and opinions. Marianne aptly summed up the session with her articulating what we all really need to be doing - supporting our leaders.
Besides the high drama mama, there were also some not-so-serious comments, as overheard (not officially of course) during the Q & A sessions at various points of the meeting:
"Hi, my name is Samuel Soon, would you mind if you turned down the airconditioning because it's very cold?" - Samuel Soon. Valid point. The thunderstorm this morning didn't help either.
"Hi, can we have our lunch now?" - No permission to reveal identity here. But it was dragging on at some point and I'm sure most of us were hungry then.
"Huh, you mean yet another question?!" - Someone sitting in the pew behind me. Same reason as above.
Talk about political apathy. Haha.
But the first CG session today was great really. Really encouraged to see almost everyone turn up and agreeing to commit. Even the prayer items were honest, frank and open. All in the first session! I think God'll use this group of His great purposes and we'll have many fun and fulfilling gatherings to come! =)
And I guess there'll always be that discrepancy there, always not being able to meet up to expectations, always on the sidelines, watching, waiting, hoping against all hope. But we're all to busy now.

<< Home