Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter, The Day After

Somehow the titles don't seem to match the posts, but well, never mind.

The next best thing to do after your brain fried by three huge chapters of Psychology in Context, is to blog about it. One can get depression just by reading the textbook. Ironic isn't it. Depression from studying Psychology.

Then again, maybe the fifteen click's taking its toll on me. Or maybe, I'm just super distracted. Or as a true blue Arts student would say, "it really depends on a combination of factors, each affecting one another in varying degrees". Always works for all essays I tell you.

On the way back from dinner just now, I just couldn't help but be amazed at the number of S-classes, 7 series types and the like, parked along the madhouse Orchard Road of the Central East - Geylang. Even rich people must satisfy their innate needs - food, water and... sex. No surprises here, just a random observation.

In other news, the events unfolding in Thailand now are a real joke. I really must blog about my off-the-cuff response:

Dear Mr. Abhisit,

Just who is in charge of running your country? A democracy is characterised by a government run for the people, by the people, but YOUR people are really taking things too far. I really hope that your military will quickly re-capture the two tanks that were hijacked by the red-shirts in Bangkok and use them to crush all opposition to your rule. Yes, much like Tiannamen Square.

Please take a leaf from the SAF and mete out swift and decisive action against these pro-Thaksin people. Where are the tear gas canisters, rubber bullets and water cannon? Or live firing for that matter? They are really a pain in the *** don't you think? Not only have they tried to smash your expensive S-class, invade your Interior Ministry, but they've also stormed the ASEAN summit.

Now that was the last straw wasn't it? I'm sure it's quite paiseh for you to have to apologise to each and every government leader who had to be evacuated from Pattaya on such short notice. I mean, they didn't even get to enjoy the caviar spread and hotel you know. Not to mention, wasting their taxpayers' money to fly to the kingdom of smiles in the first place. But don't worry about Mr. Lee Hsien Loong. He's a nice guy and Singaporeans don't really have a say in how their taxes are spent anyway.

So please please don't let those hooligans sit-in at Suvarbabumi and Don Muang again. Or worst still, shut down places like Phuket, Hua Hin, Krabi, Chiang Mai and all the popular tourist spots where Singaporeans like to shop for cheap products and frolick on the pristine beaches. We will get really upset if we can't go to your beautiful country for our holidays because there's really not much to do in Singapore.

Thank you for your understanding and I wish you the best of health, especially in such stressful times!

P.S. Don't let Thaksin come back!

Yours sincerely,

B.

Anyway two extremely unrelated photographs that I thought I should just post up anyway.

I've seen this before, but somehow Christian decided to send this to me just now, so well. HAHA. That was what, seven years ago?

Just look at the number of guitars in the auditorium. It's becoming one big storeroom I'd say.

Perhaps, there will be some things that we'll never know, will we?