Dragon + Boat =?
Friday was really quite shiok I must say. Although there were several last minute drop-outs, the event on the whole was not bad. Quite fun in fact. Thanks to people like Bryan, Cyril, Samuel, Marianne Hui, Glenn and Benjamin, who helped plan this interesting day. Had some captain's ball and frisbee games before lunching at the Beach Road Food Centre, then returning to SDBA for some dragonboating action. Chong Ping's Anglican High NCC guys made up about half the total number of people who turned up. Praise God that most of them don't mind being invited back for future events, and some of them even indicated that they don't mind being invited to KPC itself and to know more about God's love too. =) The "phone survey" that Pastor Kuo Yung did was really quite creative.
Anyway, the group was evenly split into two groups of eighteen, and we spent most of the afternoon rowing, getting splashed at, splashing back, shouting, screaming, jumping into the water, getting back up, rocking the boat, cheering... And just when you thought a person like me couldn't get any darker... Haha. Well, I'm pretty much tanner now. Imagine how I'd look like a few weeks after I enlist. =O
Speaking of which, the January batch of NS guys got their postings on Friday. Calvin's now an MP. Hah. Febrin's an Air Force... Driver. Jeremy Lee's in Armour (Infantry), Chin Kai's in the Signal Corps... Well, just to name a few. Had a good time catching up with some of them over the past week or so, listening to some of them talk about life in BMT and seeking advice on the things to bring. Well, those items that're not officially included in the list that SAF gave.
So how do I feel about enlisting in less than 20 days' time? Mixed feelings. Haha standard answer lah huh. But really lor. I mean, on one hand, I'd be looking forward to do something meaningful, to be able to compare stories with NS friends (you know, networking and stuff), to be trained for the inevitable war with our neighbour (aiyah, you should know who lah right). Haha. On the other hand, the opportunity cost would really be quite high. The lack of freedom, getting even darker (I might even look like a Malaysian. Oops I just said it.), the tough training and stuff. Then again, as Uncle Osbert put it, if thousands, if not tens of thousands of other guys my age went through it. So. Can. You.
A few more weeks of "freedom". I'd better make use of my time fruitfully. Say, I'd better get started on the university applications soon... Okay, leading BS tomorrow. Rest needed. Badly.


<< Home