The day I became a general
It was a rapid promotion - from someone who wears three stripes on his sleeves to a lone star on the epaulets on his shoulders. A rise of fifteen ranks to be exact. Not even SAFOS scholars can achieve that in one day I bet. Haha. Alright alright, it was just for the role-play but still, how it's a good experience of a lifetime to have a full Colonel "saluting" you, to be "inspecting" the guard of honour with the "Chief" and to ride in an open-top land rover normally reserved for VVIPs. Even an SWO commented that it was his first time in his illustrious 30+ year that he got to do that. Haha.
So that wrapped up two days of CDF COC parade rehearsals @ SAFTI MI. Thankfully I got to stay out yesterday and today. Not bad really, considering the fact that Wednesday's probably gonna be a slack day when I eventually go back to camp, Thursday's some celebratory event down at Boat Quay and Friday's off! That's more like it I say.
Speaking of scholars earlier on, I'm making a last-ditch attempt to try for the NUS Scholarships. Whichever they want to offer me, if, at all. I don't mind if they'd just pay for the tuition fees, like for the NUS Faculty Award, even though they might not give you any allowance. I mean, it's still good money saved and besides, there's like no bond as I've already got a place reserved in what would Fitri call - the motherland (insert grand music here) for all Arts students, the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (applause). Even so, such a wild hope to clinch even the lower tier scholarships diminishes with every hour that application form remains unsigned and un-posted. I've got one day left. And I have great faith in Singapore Post to deliver the mail on time, on target (just like 3 Division Artillery yes).
I also made a hasty application for both SMU and NUS Law Schools last night. Frankly I don't really know why I just spent $25 in application fees for both courses. Besides giving myself and my parents that there's not harm trying (well actually it hurt my bank account). I mean, I really don't know what I'd like to do in university and later on, in life. Well yes, I got a place in FASS, but what next? I've only this vague idea that I might want to try out things like, Psychology, Sociology, Political Science and maybe Economics? You know, the Social Sciences. But what happens after that? No particular career in mind, although the option of teaching keeps surfacing from time to time. And of course, signing on with the SAF is the last thing I'd do. Well that'a personal opinion of course.
I don't know. I really don't. Haven't been spending much time praying about it, or discussing it seriously with those who care, with those who may know a thing or two about career guidance or things like that. Then again, everytime this issue comes up, it really puts me off because I get all the more confused and unsure. Oh well.


<< Home