Saturday, March 03, 2007

Mad pig.

What a week. The backlog of duties rolled over from Battleking is starting to take its toll. COS on Tuesday, Thursday, stand-in COS on Friday and my very first duty as Guard Commander on Saturday. Phew. Next week's not gonna be very much better, especially with Duty Instructor slots coming into the picture plus Guard 2I/C on Saturday.

SATURDAY! That's a 24 hour shift and almost the whole weekend burnt! I almost died doing a 12 hour one yesterday (yes still haven't rested enough yet!). And the whole awful, sleepless experience is gonna replay itself this coming week again! That's also partly why my cough and cold seems to have gotten worse - the lack of proper rest I think. It was getting better until the time when all the duties starting coming in back to back. So much so I get all breathless when I exert myself, even doing things like climbing stairs. Hmmm. God give me strength and healing!

Anyway, bad news aside, there was also the fun of today's rooftop BBQ. Well it wasn't exactly on the rooftop, considering the fact that it rained, but the party still went on and there were many new faces again. As usual, I forgot most of their names before the end of the evening due to my inability to remember... well, names? Really thank God that the youths are starting to invite their friends to Faith Factor though.

Indeed, things are changing. The 20-year olds have moved from positions of direct involvement to somewhat more advisory roles. Well it's not to say that we've retired, as we're still taking classes as group leaders, but the planning appointments have been taken up by younger youths, people brimming with ideas, enthusiasm, and hopefully, a heart for learning and a heart for God and serving His people. Man I feel so old. Haha. While passing on the baton is a natural process that should be encouraged and nutured, these new and scaled-down responsibilities (I think!) sometimes make me feel rather strange. I don't know, it's just a strange yet happy feeling to know that you've been used by God to do His work and that you're mentees and younger youths are finally stepping up to fill the leadership gap. Thank God for people like them yes. =)

Two months ago, you said we were trying to normalise relations. Two months on I see no sign of any change in the state of things. It's like we never knew each other. Well maybe the animosity's gone, but why is there still the sense of awkwardness whenever we're around each other? Or maybe it's just me. But it seems you're deliberately putting up that wall to prevent the friendship to be renewed. I don't know really. It's sad. It always has been. Ever since January last year...

View from the 5th storey. See the grey area below those dark clouds? Yep, that was the rain before the storm blew right over KPC.