Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Chinese New Year

Thank God for enabling us to be fortunate enough to enjoy yet another period of celebrations, indulgence and "earnings" (Yeah I'm sure you all know what I mean. Haha). After this, we're not gonna see such a long holiday anytime soon though. =(

Even so, I believe I might have actually lost weight in spite of all the stuffing. Yes I hear the girls gasping in disbelief, but the thing is, I didn't really have a big appetite this New Year (with the exception of reunion dinner - my goodness you should have seen the oysters and baby octopuses and...), and I really don't know why. Maybe it's due to my perpetual cold and cough, which sorta dulls my taste buds to all the food glorious food.

Didn't snack very much either, and coupled with the fact that we had long days, late nights and early reveilles, I guess that must have contributed to weight loss or at best, zero weight gain. Not that I care much about gaining weight, because that seems next to impossible no matter how much I seem to eat. Quite sad for a guy really. Haha.

Anyway, here're some snapshots from the past three days. =)

New Year's Eve (Saturday, 17 Feb): I can't remember what this is, but you should have seen the chocolate fondue fountain man.

It's all about perspective yes.

Healthy eating doesn't take a backseat amidst the festivities you know.

New Year Day 1 (Sunday, 18 Feb) - The usual ritual: photo-taking during every special occasion, in their special garb. =)

Poor lighting. But using the flash distorts features and makes faces appear very... garish?

Samuel's trademark.

Nephews. =)

Celebrating is hard work you know.

New Year Day 2 (Monday 19 Feb): Cousins.

Part of Uncle Jerome's family eh?