Tuesday, January 27, 2009

An Ox is not a Cow

Here's a brief summary of Chinese New Year this year:

Rewind: NUSSU Bash was an utter disappointment. At least the NUS King was. But I shan't say more than this. It might get too personal.

Became the family chauffeur. Drove safely for once. Improved on my pathetic parking skills.

"Reconnected" with my roots with all the traditional Peranakan food and hearing the language being spoken after so long. After Little Nonya, it's the in thing to be Peranakan again! =)

Smiled, nodded, and laughed politely a lot.

Listened to uncles talk about the economic crisis.

Listened to aunties talk about cooking recipes and food.

Was a wallflower friend for a day or so.

Made a tidy profit of seventy cents in Blackjack.

Restrained myself from indulging in too many goodies. Well I tried. Can't afford to fall sick for school. Not that gaining weight has been a problem at all.

Angbao collection has exceeded expectations so far. More to come soon I hope. =)

Created a massive backlog of readings and work to be cleared right after the hols.

More celebrations this weekend! Woe to my studies.