Last minute
SAFPU raided our battalion last night. With 2SIR taking guard duty last night, there was no way we could have been warned in advance. The MPs brought their sniffer dogs and did a thorough search of our bunks and offices. And they took everything. Yes, cigarettes with unpaid duty (by the trashbag-full), PSP Memorysticks, expended primer catridges... You name it.
As we always like to say, there is only one battery in 20SA - Bravo battery. We're usually the ones who do the most work, being the ranging battery, and yes, the most sai-kang. Or so it seems. I've kinda accepted our fate here, yes including this Sunday's guard duty. Hopefully we'd get Monday off for helping Charlie to cover their duty. Hmmm. But the thing is, paying us back with a weekday'll never make up for the losses incurred on a weekend. Plans have to be cancelled at the last minute and it's difficult to meet up with friends on weekdays. So well.
At least next Saturday'd be freed up for The Clown Musical, in which I think I'm a backstage helper. Well I did sign up just for the fun of it, and also because it's the only role that I think I'd be able to commit to. If my leave application for next Friday's successful, I'd have a rather long weekend break all the way to Tuesday night. And maybe for the whole week after Christmas! Woohoo. Of course, the keyword is if.
Speaking of The Clown Musical, I'm supposed to plan some kind of a Christmas lunch outing for the youths before the matinee show on Friday afternoon (which also explains why I need to take leave on that day). For one thing, I still have no idea how many people'll be turning up for lunch and secondly, I don't have any idea of an eating place in the City Hall area to accomodate so many people. Well I'm sure that there'd be many people. =) To save money, I was thinking of having it back in KPC's auditorium. Hey I mean why not right. It'll save the trouble and lots of money too. We could always order like Pizza Hut or McDonalds' right. After all, the church isn't very far from Victoria Theatre. The whole gym gang of us could just walk out to take SBS No. 16 I think. Hmmm.
And I'm still coughing. Since June I think. Maybe it's because of the passive second-hand smoke. Maybe it's due to the diesel fumes. Maybe it's because of my bad eating habits. Maybe.


<< Home