More Than This
Okay, so this is going to be my two hundredth post. The first post was on the sixth of March, more than two years ago. Gives you the shudders to think what you were like back then. Haha.
Anyway, it's been sometime since I've updated, so here goes. Young Adults' Weekend Away (You can call it YAWA) was pretty cool. Not like your usual Youth Camp. Meaning, no wet games and things like Amazing Race, no worship bands and guess what, airconditioned rooms with proper beds! Looks like we've all grown up huh. Haha. National Community Leadership Institute (NACLI) is a remote but comfortable camp, with nice rooms and a carpark that reminds me for SAFTI's vast parade square.
Great time having supper and playing informal games. Even greater time listening to the messages from the C.E DVD and Pastor Josh. Especially the talk on the first evening on Music and the Church. Really help puts the whole idea of worship into perspective - much like what I posted on the Faith Factor blog some time ago. We need more of such solid input! =)
We celebrated Mothers' Day belatedly on Sunday, with dinner at Sunway Grill or a restaurant with a name similar to that I can't remember. Somewhere deep within the remote-ness of the former Seletar airbase I think. Alfresco-farm style dining with mosquitos included, at Brewerkz prices. The food was great but I've had better steaks. The Buffalo Wings however, were one of a kind. Actually ten of a kind, depending on the level of spicy-ness that you prefer. Either way, I LS-ed the following day from too much chilli. Just like whenever I eat the McSpicy burger.
Other than that, Vesak Day proved to be an invaluable break from the usual routine. Managed to squeeze out the time to wash my toilet, gym and to clock some mileage. Though my knee pain forced me to stop at Tampines MRT. Couldn't make it back to Aljunied. Oh well. I guess I've gotta scale back my estimated finishing time for Sundown to well... I just hope to finish the race lah. Haha.
The RTPC officially ends on Thursday. That means a crazy week for the Secretariat Office. That means no more reading The Straits Times from front to back, streaming cartoons online and blogging at work. =( And much more. It also means staying back late to rush presentations, slide shows and other IT-related stuff. Oh well. Then again, it also means that I'll be out of a full-time job soon. On top of stopping tuition and part-time telemarketing. And that translates into a lack of a stable income. All the way until mid-June.
This in turn produces a knock-on effect on my driving lessons, as their frequency depends on how much is left in my bank account. The amount of cash in there would also have to be maintained at a certain level in order to pay for the remanents of the Dubai and Siem Reap trip e.g. miscellaneous travel expenses. I also need to facilitate my yearly premium for Vivolife. See, so many commitments. That's why I work late sometimes.
Okay, back to the two hundred and twenty seven-page slide show that I've been working on for the past two weeks.
Anyway, it's been sometime since I've updated, so here goes. Young Adults' Weekend Away (You can call it YAWA) was pretty cool. Not like your usual Youth Camp. Meaning, no wet games and things like Amazing Race, no worship bands and guess what, airconditioned rooms with proper beds! Looks like we've all grown up huh. Haha. National Community Leadership Institute (NACLI) is a remote but comfortable camp, with nice rooms and a carpark that reminds me for SAFTI's vast parade square.
Great time having supper and playing informal games. Even greater time listening to the messages from the C.E DVD and Pastor Josh. Especially the talk on the first evening on Music and the Church. Really help puts the whole idea of worship into perspective - much like what I posted on the Faith Factor blog some time ago. We need more of such solid input! =)
We celebrated Mothers' Day belatedly on Sunday, with dinner at Sunway Grill or a restaurant with a name similar to that I can't remember. Somewhere deep within the remote-ness of the former Seletar airbase I think. Alfresco-farm style dining with mosquitos included, at Brewerkz prices. The food was great but I've had better steaks. The Buffalo Wings however, were one of a kind. Actually ten of a kind, depending on the level of spicy-ness that you prefer. Either way, I LS-ed the following day from too much chilli. Just like whenever I eat the McSpicy burger.
Other than that, Vesak Day proved to be an invaluable break from the usual routine. Managed to squeeze out the time to wash my toilet, gym and to clock some mileage. Though my knee pain forced me to stop at Tampines MRT. Couldn't make it back to Aljunied. Oh well. I guess I've gotta scale back my estimated finishing time for Sundown to well... I just hope to finish the race lah. Haha.
The RTPC officially ends on Thursday. That means a crazy week for the Secretariat Office. That means no more reading The Straits Times from front to back, streaming cartoons online and blogging at work. =( And much more. It also means staying back late to rush presentations, slide shows and other IT-related stuff. Oh well. Then again, it also means that I'll be out of a full-time job soon. On top of stopping tuition and part-time telemarketing. And that translates into a lack of a stable income. All the way until mid-June.
This in turn produces a knock-on effect on my driving lessons, as their frequency depends on how much is left in my bank account. The amount of cash in there would also have to be maintained at a certain level in order to pay for the remanents of the Dubai and Siem Reap trip e.g. miscellaneous travel expenses. I also need to facilitate my yearly premium for Vivolife. See, so many commitments. That's why I work late sometimes.
Okay, back to the two hundred and twenty seven-page slide show that I've been working on for the past two weeks.
This was like two Sundays ago, when our YA (or should I say Gladys) baked goodies for all our mothers in KPC. =)
Should Samuel get posted to Armour, I'll laugh my head off even more than he's doing so in the photograph. Hahaha.
Yuckssss. Well it happens when I don't wear my socks properly on long-distance runs. But it doesn't hurt really.


<< Home