Thursday, April 17, 2008

Clarified

Have you heard? They're gonna develop Jurong! No, not just by building more smoke-belching factories like what Goh Keng Swee did, but transforming an area the size of Marina Bay, that will rival Marina Bay! Can you believe it!

Pardon the stale news and the exclamations, but my point is that, while all this is great for the poor Westerners, they have very much left Boon Lay and the far West out of the picture. The development apparently stops at Lakeside, where the Canadian International School is gonna be built and The Lakeshore is all the rage these days. Whatever the case is, no matter how developed Jurong may be in the year 2500 or something, I'm still glad we're moving out. It's all about the location man.

Clementi is as far west as it can get. That means like, KRC is far enough. Counting today, I'd have been going down three times this week. It's almost as if I've started school already. Haha. Which I really can't wait because it's kinda exciting. Monday evening was mentoring, where we supposed to try the famed steamboat at The Deck, but Andrew came too late and it was all sold out by then. Tuesday was my USP interview, which I think I really screwed up because I was too general and they kept asking moral and ethical questions that I don't think I answered well enough. As for today, it'll be the mandatory health checkup to ensure you don't have any diseases before matriculating later this year.

Speaking of infectious diseases, I've been watching too many zombie flicks lately, some more well-known than others. Movies like 28 Days Later, I Am Legend, Planet Terror and Flight of the Living Dead. Really makes you think how things'd turn out if an outbreak were to happen right here in Singapore. Or nearby like Malaysia. If they ever start fleeing across the Causweway from up north, I'll gladly go back for reservist to shell them with steel rain while they're still stuck in JB. Haha.

Met Pastor Josh yesterday. Really thankful that he was able to clarify and help me define my role in YAM much more clearly. I did have some misconceptions initially, but I guess after he works things out with everyone else, the servants team will be able to function much more effectively. Which is really great because we've been plagued so much by an inertial lack of direction recently.

Polytechnic has started. Now I've never had much of a clue to what that really means, or how poly life is really like, but this year's different. It's not that I've got vested interests in finding out more, it's gotta do with ministry and that means making the effort to reach out to this group of people that will join YAM pretty soon. That's one of my major roles as defined yesterday. I hope all goes well...

So... Siem Reap or Bintan? =D

Just by one grade. That really cost me a lot. I guess I've gotta settle for less now.