Week of Extremes
Just read an article on MSN Travel on The World's Worst Tourist Traps and I wonder why Sentosa's Merlion isn't one of them. Oh my goodnes, or the Underwater World for that matter. Hmmm. I don't think Siem Reap has such things right. Yup, it's been decided. =)
Last week was a crazy week, with so many things to do that I didn't get to exercise at all (now that's really bad) and had to continue my packing only on Saturday morning. But the good thing is, I manage to finish packing my room in half an hour! Well, there wasn't much left to pack anyway. Now my house looks like a refugee camp minus the refugees - that is, the boxes without the people milling around them. Unless you count my mom who can be doing so many things at once, she might actually appear to be a crowd of people. Ah-hah.
Friday's interview was okay. At least my gut feeling told me it was okay. =) Quite general, a random flow of topics, before the expected question - "So, why study Law?". I tried to summarise half a page of reasons into a sentence for that. I can't believe I'm capable of such noble intentions, corny lines and politically correct takes on current affairs. Haha. Sunday's written test was okay too, but on hindsight, my decision to leave out one of the sources could really cost me a lot. Ah well. What's done is done. Now's the long and agonising wait. Till end May at least.
Okay, let's talk about the weather now. It rained like mad for some days last week, but now it's hot and humid. Hot is normal. But the relative humidity is like 110% or something. Okay, maybe not, because there's no such thing as 110% and it would have rained by then anyway. Still, it's so humid that it causes everything to stick to everything else - like sweaty clothes to sweaty skin, sweaty palms to paper, and anything that's wet and sticky.
Oh I'm not a big fan of live entertainment but I think it's pretty cool just to chill with friends over drinks and snacks once in a while. Like on Wednesday and Friday last week. =) It's like the whole atmosphere thingy you know. Especially after a hard day at work. Although the recent weather would really put off alfresco dining. And running.
Speaking of running, the humidity caused us to cut short training once again, this time, just a few kilometres shy of our twenty three kilometre target. I'd blame the lack of personal preparation on my part, like lack of rest, lack of carbohydrates and hydration as well. Once I shift, it'd be much easier to train, even on weekday nights. Everything's gonna be much closer by. =)
Okay. This week's gonna be a short one. Looking forward to early days too! Haha.
Last week was a crazy week, with so many things to do that I didn't get to exercise at all (now that's really bad) and had to continue my packing only on Saturday morning. But the good thing is, I manage to finish packing my room in half an hour! Well, there wasn't much left to pack anyway. Now my house looks like a refugee camp minus the refugees - that is, the boxes without the people milling around them. Unless you count my mom who can be doing so many things at once, she might actually appear to be a crowd of people. Ah-hah.
Friday's interview was okay. At least my gut feeling told me it was okay. =) Quite general, a random flow of topics, before the expected question - "So, why study Law?". I tried to summarise half a page of reasons into a sentence for that. I can't believe I'm capable of such noble intentions, corny lines and politically correct takes on current affairs. Haha. Sunday's written test was okay too, but on hindsight, my decision to leave out one of the sources could really cost me a lot. Ah well. What's done is done. Now's the long and agonising wait. Till end May at least.
Okay, let's talk about the weather now. It rained like mad for some days last week, but now it's hot and humid. Hot is normal. But the relative humidity is like 110% or something. Okay, maybe not, because there's no such thing as 110% and it would have rained by then anyway. Still, it's so humid that it causes everything to stick to everything else - like sweaty clothes to sweaty skin, sweaty palms to paper, and anything that's wet and sticky.
Oh I'm not a big fan of live entertainment but I think it's pretty cool just to chill with friends over drinks and snacks once in a while. Like on Wednesday and Friday last week. =) It's like the whole atmosphere thingy you know. Especially after a hard day at work. Although the recent weather would really put off alfresco dining. And running.
Speaking of running, the humidity caused us to cut short training once again, this time, just a few kilometres shy of our twenty three kilometre target. I'd blame the lack of personal preparation on my part, like lack of rest, lack of carbohydrates and hydration as well. Once I shift, it'd be much easier to train, even on weekday nights. Everything's gonna be much closer by. =)
Okay. This week's gonna be a short one. Looking forward to early days too! Haha.

As I said, there were extremes. Like one of the dreary mornings last week.


<< Home