Jaded
Yup, the title says it all.
Been to one too many interviews to appreciate the chances presented to me, to truly understand the gravity of it all. There's a fine line between being calm and relaxed, and been a tad too nonchalant. I've crossed that line to the dark side most of the time.
But this Friday's interview seems to have taken a whole new meaning for me. It's like, this final last chance that I have before it's too late. No more swaying wherever the wind blows me. No more, "oh it's still so far away, still got three years left to decide". It's preparation like never before - somewhere close to the level for the PSC scholarship applications. Which in the end, wasn't meant to be.
Oh the sense of confusion, fickle-mindedness and longing every April for the past three years! What have I gotten myself into this time?
"Sorry ma'am, but I'm a staff here."
"Oh I'm sorry, it's just that you look so terribly young!"
"But I am young."
I get that all the time here. Haha.

<< Home