Stuffy.
Didn't get to run on Sunday. The weather was almost perfect i.e. not too hot, not too cold. But my cold-induced stuffy nose made me feel rather breathless even during mild exertions and that's no condition for running. On the bright side, it mean that Monday wasn't limping day. Gives my right knee some time to rest. Orthopaedist appointment's on Friday. I really hope nothing's majorly wrong.
Then again, that puts running within the week out of question because now, my cold shows no signs of recovering and I'm down with a sore throat. Hopefully I'd have recovered enough by Sunday to cover nineteen. Not twenty-one as earlier planned. I've rested too long for that already. But things don't look too good. The central-airconditioning they have in BTC means that the thermostat is more or less beyond our control and it's usually a chilly 21 - 22 degrees on average. That doesn't help my cold at all.
Been doing a bit of packing recently and it's only now that I realise how much junk I still have with me. Yes, even after several rounds of clearing - the first major one being when we shifted from Tampines to Boon Lay and subsequent smaller cleaning-out sessions taking place in the later stages. What're left are the computer and IT related stuff, photo albums, games, and other nonsense that I never thought I had with me.
But even with empty shelves and drawers in my room, I still don't get the imminent feeling that we'll be shifting anytime soon. I don't deny that The Floravale's a nice, quiet place, and having alright facilities like a full-length Olympic-sized swimming pool. Now that's quite rare nowadays. But still, somehow I don't have any nostalgic feelings after living here for the past six years or so. Maybe it's the enormous distances that we've had to put up with all these years. It still takes my almost two hours (plus waiting time) to get home from Bukit Timah every day. Absurd. Enough is enough. Haha.
In other news, Adam Road Food Centre re-opened last Monday. Finally an alternative eating place within walking distance that actually sells good food, and priced competitively in relation to the food sold at The Summit. There shouldn't be any other response than jumping for joy. More choices!
Alright. I'll end abruptly here. Got a send-off dinner to attend. Photos expected during the next post!

<< Home