Monday, January 04, 2010

In Retrospect

The first post of the year comes almost three days late, due to all the activity and hype that's been going on. Resolutions were hastily made, the ability to keep them much less considered. Not a very good start I must say.

The year 2009, as compared to 2008, was also a year of change. But while 2008 was a year of several major transitions (NS to work to school), 2009 was a change in terms of the nature of the current state of things.

The first half of 2009 saw involvements in the ministry and preparations for camps. There was also the long road to recovery in a certain area of life. And thanks be to God, a relatively marked improvement of grades on a semester-on-semester basis.

Then came the full swing of the FOP projects, with the first ICT cycle in July. After orientation fever came elections fever, which was cooled rapidly with the withdrawal of certain candidates and then nominees, who pulled out of ROP.

One thing let to another, and the last few months of 2009 saw the formation of the 30th, the first three projects and the winding down of involvements in YAM. And the ups and downs and current confusion over certain issues.

I'm not very good at summary I must say. But I do know that the year 2010 will be a year of even greater change and uncertainty. All the more I need to hold on to the Unchanging One.

The new year awaits! =)

And now I've got too much gas in my stomach. Really makes me feel like puking. Again.