Wanderer + Grand Slam = ?
What a week. We're the only company to have gone through two consecutive weeks of outfield. Not to mention combining two exercises into a single field camp. Outstanding. Setting the pace for the rest of the school to follow I suppose. That's what they always tell us huh. Hah. Really tiring man. And of course, most of us lost quite a bit of weight, due to sheer exhaustion running all over the sunny island of Tekond and the fact we're quite choosy about what kinda combat rations to eat. Now I certainly can't afford to lose any weight man. If not I'll look like some malnourished African kid.
But I guess it'll condition us for higher level activities in the not-so-distant future, especially since most of us will be continuing on with ASLC. Field camps then would be about 8 or 9 days on average I suppose? Hmmm. And we did have our fun and memorable moments during camp. Like sleeping back in the old SISPEC multi-purpose hall, of visiting BMTC and Tekong once again, the durian eating session (Shhh!) and wild boar attacks that kept us awake the whole night. Haha. Good bonding with the section and platoon lah I must say. =)
One more month to the next increase in allowance and rank. Hehe. One more major exercise left. How time flies. Soon we'll graduate and be posted to wherever MINDEF wants us to go. Hopefully I'll end up in Signals or Armour man. Haha.
Can't wait for ORD man. I know it's rather far away. But everytime I hear of my non-NS counterparts (i.e. 19-year old females and males who've been completely exempted from NS for whatever reason. Yes there are such people around) getting all excited about starting university, I can't help but to think of the two years that I'll be lagging behind. Oh man. Haha... On the bright side, I'll have more time to think about what I'd like to do in the future - what specific subjects to take in FASS and more importantly, a career. Yeah I'm still quite unsure of my ambitions. The problem is, there's usually not much time to think about these kinda things back in camp. Sheesh.
Okay I've written enough. Time to prepare for a sumptous dinner somewhere in town. Yet another reward for yet another gruelling week. Haha. What only.

<< Home