Sunday, July 02, 2006

Youth Sunday

Yup, that's probably one of the few eventful things that happened over the past two weeks or so. Every thing ran like clockwork, with the exception of minor glitches here and here. Thanks to the worship team, choir, sound team, ushers, breakfast fellowship team and the publications team. Remarkably well for something planned rather last minute. All Glory to God too of course! =)

Well, besides last Tuesday when we ordered KFC for supper, right to our doorstep (which means, the side gate of Pasir Laba camp). And of course, we did the usual weapons lectures, technical handling tests, navigation, signals and so on.

Theoratically, SISPEC works on a five-and-a-half-day work week, but looking at the fact that we only book on late on Saturday evenings seem to suggest that as trainees, we function on a six day week. Sunday's reserved for church and the occasional trip down to Beach Road to buy the odd piece of army equipment and stuff. All because of a week of compulsory block leave in August. I'd rather have more free time on weekends rather than accumulating off-in-lieus at one shot. Most people'll be studying or working during the August period, yes even though it's the National Day week. In essence, I have almost no outside life. Which can be quite stifling. Absolute sianess. Luckily, I've got nice section/platoon mates and Delta Company seems to be going relatively easy on us (as compared to Mohawk). Training may be tough, but at least we're treated with more respect and given slightly more welfare. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, and by the time we reach the fifth or sixth week, we'd be going outfield A LOT, and there goes our precious admin time. Hmmm. Treasure it while it last I guess. Hah.

Live firing's tomorrow. Let's hope I know how to aim and shoot with my right eye and right hand respectively. Unforunately most weapons are designed to be used by right-handers only. Biased world! Haha.

To end the entry, here's another Youth group photo (no, no, not for another banner), taken after Youth Service today. =) Too bad we didn't have many photos, Chong Ping's not a very good cameraman I must say. Hah.