Taxi Drivers
Shared a cab with Daniel Leong and Eric last week. And we happen to meet this taxi driver who was an ex-Commando. Who also happened to be a little disgruntled with the way SAF worked. Hey everyone has their frustrations right? Ah-hah. He told us some of his "war stories" and... ah guess I'd better not say too much lah. You won't know who's reading your blog right. Yes. Anyway, the thing about most cab drivers (I've met so far), is that once they know you're an NSF, they'd rant about their army days and talk about how fortunate we are now blah blah. Boring lah seriously.
Another week gone. We had our so-called first few "outfield" sessions outside the garage, with many more to come of course. Spent the whole day under the sun, so much so that I now have a two-tone skin colour - my face and hands are more tanned than the rest of my body, with the exception of a small strip of my face that was covered by my helmet straps. Hmmm. Weird.
9 long weeks to go. And things are gonna get tougher. Now that someone's back. O_O. Really strict about discipline and stuff. It's like we're being treated like recruits again. And that's something I still cannot get used to. Wah lao. =( Time in AI seems to pass by ever so slowly, yet at the same time, the days seem to go by just like that. Yes I know I'm not making sense, but this distorted feeling I have of time doesn't make sense either... More outfield next week, and who can forget the end of module evaluation test on my birthday itself. What a way to celebrate huh. Haha. Let's hope all goes well man. Especially after the many safety breaches and near misses that took place last week.
Terrence and Khim're getting married this afternoon. How's that man. =) The dinner's tommorrow, and everyone's cracking their head as to what to wear for the momentous occasion. Correction - actually the girls are the ones doing the worrying. Haha. It seems not many of us attend such formal functions often huh. Hopefully I'd get to stay for the whole dinner before booking in. Haven't been to a wedding dinner in ages.
Really wanna enjoy this book out before the next gruelling week begins. Especially Monday. Camoflauging. Woohoo. It's like doing SOC I heard. Haha. Alright man, gotta go out soon. Beach Road again, before heading down to True Way. Hmmm.

<< Home