Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Stay-Out Week 2

It's not that often that I get to enjoy such a privilege you know. The last time I "stayed out" was during my final days (week 14) as a trainee in 1st ASC. Even then, I didn't have the luxury of having camp soooo close to home, as in the case now. SAFTI MI's just a seven-minute drive away. Yes, the HOME OF THE OFFICER CORPS (big, bold wordings greet you when you drive down the road beside the parade square).

The rehearsals are getting more fun now. Had the chance of a lifetime to wait in the VIP lounge of OCS, as part of my role-playing job. Haha. It's the little things that make me happy you see. It wasn't that luxurious, but still, for an army camp, it's not that bad really. =) In fact, the whole SAFTI MI gives me the resort feeling. Nice place to work, I mean, unless you're a cadet I guess. Really conducive surroundings and great canteens. Officers do really have the good life I must say. ;)

NUS just extended the deadline for its scholarship applications to the 25th of March. Good news for me. Somehow I managed to get the college to post in the referee's report (complete with Mdm Koh's signed appraisal), on Tuesday-Wednesday. But the thing is, I haven't even applied for the scholarships online and neither have I submitted the supporting documents. Wah lao. Partly as a result of rushing to apply without much consideration (which was what also happened with my other university applications). Scatter-brained can.

Thankfully, the extra time and rest I've got over the past two "stay-out" weeks have at least given me the breathing space needed to start thinking carefully on the implications of my choices. And for me to make choices in the first place. Got to know a little bit more about Law - although the syllabus looks daunting, I'm sure when you actually get down to study the subject, it won't be that bad. I really hope so. Haha. At least that was the case for A Levels. Drafted some points for my upcoming interview. Have yet to properly link and phrase them though. I've also gotta spend some time typing my essay in order to complete the NUS Scholarship Application form. Spent some more time praying about the choice of courses too. Whether to follow my head, or to listen to my heart. My heart says FASS. My mind's a bit swayed by the whole idea of studying Law. I don't know really. I'll wait and see the outcome of all this before deciding. I guess it'll be God's way of showing what's really best and what His will is for me. =)

Essays. Bahh. A bit jaded and discouraged after last year's attempts of writing so many essays and only getting the PSC Scholarship (Teaching Award) Interview. One out of >10 tries I think. My brain's rusty too. After not writing anything more than a paragraph for more than one and a half years... Yeah, in spite of me reading all the TIME and Newsweek magazines I can lay my hands on to keep up with the times. Still I've gotta work for something if I really want it right, so I'll do it tomorrow. Too late for the brain to think already!

Okay gotta catch up on sleep for tomorrow's final rehearsal. Being a general isn't easy work you know! Haha.