Sunday, July 29, 2007

Honour and Passion

Blogging in camp always feels different. It sort of kills my inspiration to write anything productive. Then again, since when was blogging productive? Haha.

Anyway, two weeks of preparation and training and more preparation culminated in Thursday's major event. And I must say, most thankfully, that it was quite alright. Sure it was physically and mentally exhausting, but at least we were all ready for it.

Didn't go out at all during the nights this week, but camp life has been made a little brighter by Honour and Passion. Yup, the Army Drama Series that I was talking about in one of my previous entries. Yes, a lot of things they feature in the show (e.g. cookhouse food, certain practices and procedures) are really quite fake or just glossed over. Hmmm, how do you say... Potrayed too nicely. Still, it's something to look forward to every weeknight and it's fun to laugh and cringe along with all your camp mates in the specialists' mess or in the comfort of your own bunk. Haha.

Faith Factor's starting on the book of James now. Something that, unlike the Pauline letters, places more emphasis on practical applications than theological aspects. Not that the latter's unimportant, but it's hoped that the book'd help all our youths act and live out their Christian faith - something that's not just a belief, but a way of life. It's gonna be more work for the leaders to prepare and stuff, but I believe the effort's worthwhile. =)

Can't wait for the next weekend man. Supposedly, it's gonna be a long one, considering the compulsory two-day leave. I certainly could use the extra time to run or catch up with people I haven't caught up with for a while. Hmmm. Till then.