Thursday, August 02, 2007

Momentum

I tried. Twice.

On Tuesday I lost steam towards the end of the second round. My legs just wouldn't listen. I just had to slow down. Then earlier this morning I couldn't even complete a single round running in my long 4 and combat boots. Combat boots aren't exactly the best footwear to run in anyway. And my custom-made insoles are only coming this Tuesday.

Hopefully this dismal performance is only temporary. Tomorrow's 15-kilometre run at MacRitchie is no joke. Not only will it be the second longest distance that I've ever ran so far, but it's also going to take place in the hot and humid confines of a nature reserve! There's also not going to be much scenery to distract one from the fatigue and sweat too, unlike East Coast or along the roads that I usually run.

Met up with Andrew and Calvin for mentoring yesterday night, after a long break. Looks like someone's counting down to freedom huh. Haha... Around this time next year, all of us'd be starting school again. Imagine that! In less than six months, I'd unemployed look for a job! By the end of this year or so, I'd be clearing my off and leaves. Well hopefully. Haha. It's always good to plan ahead yes. ;)

Anyway, Friday's the much publicised Festival of Praise, as seen from the advertisements in the papers and the blog postings. Somehow, such events don't really interest me. Well, you can call me a conservative, but it just feels like attending a rock concert lah really. The lights and sounds and smoke and pyrotechnics and long queues that eventually fill up the 20 000-seater Singapore Indoor Stadium to maximum capacity... Having experienced all that during the 10th FOP back in 2005, I'd rather have worship simple and meaningful without all the distractions, thank you.

Then again, the Wee and the Lee and the Ng and the Tan children're probably goinmg out for dinner on Friday followed by a trip to the erm, Night Safari? Cheryl's idea lah huh. I don't know if I should go along, considering that I'd most probably be shagged out from tomorrow's run and stuff like that. The Night Safari? Hmmm...

Just went through most of the blog links that I have. It's been a while since I read so many of them. So many thigns have happened in that short span. So many things...