Saturday, November 17, 2007

Mileage

Yup. That's something that I've been trying to clock this week. Progress has been steady, although at times, I just wasn't in the mood to run the extra mile. But having the Nike + iPod really helped us to better understand the distance covered. Like running from Amoy Quee Camp to Yio Chu Kang Stadium to Bishan. It's quite cool lah I must say, to upload your data via iTunes to nikeplus.com and comparing your puny results to all the seasoned and experienced runners all over the world. Haha.

Gonna be having three to four-day work weeks from now till the end of the year. Shiok. Just like last week, but somehow it still felt like forever. Was a last-minute, stop-gap replacement, representing Third Division for the SAFSA X-Country Run at MacRitchie on Thursday afternoon. Our team came in a respectable tenth out of say what, twenty-odd teams? To think that we were put together at the eleventh hour and most of us had no proper training at all. Still, it was a disaster running after a heavy downpour. Shoes were soaked and mud was everywhere.

Went for another round of house-shopping today. So far we've narrowed our search down to several key areas, like Redhill-Tiong Bahru, Aljunied-Paya Lebar and its surrounding environs. It's a really tedious process and I can't wait for the day when we finally settle on place that all of us like and call it our future home. Which should be pretty soon because we've gotta shift by say, June next year? Before the university term starts and during the regular school holidays. In the meantime, we're gonna keep looking out for better deals.

Had dinner with Godpa's family just now, at well, the usual Jack's Place. Finally, some good food since India. Food that was non-spicy too. Haha. I guess more good food'll be on the table in the days and weeks to come, considering the number of camps, meetings and gatherings planned or going to be planned, and how close it is to Christmas and the New Year. Great. =)

Received letters from NUS regarding confirmation of my application to FASS for next year's enrollment and other things like the application for my student card, forms for health check-ups and scholarships too. Sure, it may still seem a long way off, but such letters only serve to remind you of how close ORD is - and how close you're going to become a student again. Kinda exciting huh. =D Really hope to clinch at least say a faculty award. It doesn't give you an annual allowance or pay for your overseas exchange programmes or local hostel accomodation, but it would surely take a very big financial load off my father's back. Applications only open next February - when I'd have more time to pen my essays and prepare for the usual interviews. =)

Alright. Tomorrow's the inaugural Coffee, Cake and Christ session. I don't know much about Young Adults, but well, there's a first time for everything yes!


Another one's coming up real soon! Hopefully I'd get the 42.195 km one next year. Haha. We'll see how things go. =)