Penny For Your Thoughts
Blog-surfing in camp now. Had dinner at Junction 8 (again!), after the combined games with Living Praise. The lack of KPC participants and good players meant that we were well and truly trounced in both captain's ball and street soccer. Haha. What's new. We hardly play together as a team anyway. But it was good to establish that rapport with a sister church, especially with a church that KPC helped to start many years ago.
So it seems everyone's busy with mugging for their exams again, be it the usual EOYs (quite a popular acronym for End Of Year exams it seems), Promotional Exams, Project Work, Chinese AO, the O and A levels and the university tests. Soon it'll be my turn. In say, twelve months' time? Haha. Most of the time, I desperately yearn to go back to being a civilian again, back to an office job, back to studying in the university and back to the freedom of the outside world. But somehow, a part of me dreads hitting the books again, especially after such a long mental break. Army life seems so much more trouble-free than studying. Well at least you can get to slack in bunk sometimes and there're many off-days and such. Oh my goodness. Yes I just said that. Ah well. It'll all be over in about four months' time.
The Group Leaders' Meeting's coming up pretty soon. And I haven't got a clue as to how I'd be serving next year, be it in Faith Factor, or in the Young Adults Ministry. If God really wants me to stay, I'd extend my term as Youth Vice-Chair till say the first half of 2008 or at least until school starts again. The Fellowship and Evangelism committees are still very new, and although I'm technically not the best person to oversee the two, they still need some guidance and support until they're ready to stand on their own. Or if new leaders rise up to the challenge.
But the real issue is, should I still stay on as a mentor and a group leader? Organising activities, planning for events and leading committees is one thing. Anyone can do that. But reaching out and making a personal impact in the lives of our youths is another. Have I done that as a mentor and leader? Or if I continue to serve in these roles, will I be able to make a difference and contribute effectively ? I've prayed. Well I'm really trying but it's just so hard to answer these questions.
Part of me wants to move on to the young adults, having been discouraged by seemingly fruitless attempts. But then again, have we, have I, really tried to show concern, to take meaningful action to facilitate the spiritual growth of the seven under our care? We've not yet exhausted our options yet. By faith, surely God will make a way won't He? We've got to try harder. And we certainly need more time to execute our plans.
This group really is a special one. I can't say how much I feel for them. The needs are just so great. Really. I just hope to be able to continue to help.
Sometimes, too much change isn't good.

<< Home