Saturday, October 06, 2007

Title-less Entry

The past week was an eventful one. Let's start from where we left off at the previous entry.

Tried out the Siglap Park Connector on Sunday afternoon, with... surprise surprise, Tan Shu Yi Kimberly. Yes, the girl actually wanted to run. Haha. Not that she hasn't been running in the past though. Still, it's good to run to keep fit. The connector brought us all the way to East Coast Park, which is only a mere 2 340 metres (good way to practice your 2.4 kilometre run), a few road crossings and an overpass away. It's also possible to run to Bedok Resevoir Park from the connector (about 6 kilometres or so), but the only thing is, I'm not sure of the route to take.

Celebrated my belated birthday with the family in the evening at Lemongrass in the Siglap area. Nice place really. The food was quite alright I must say. Too bad I live so far away from all the good hangouts, even though I spend like most of my weekends in the East and Central areas. Can't wait to shift back man. Haha.

On Thursday evening, Reynold and I decided to run to Junction 8 from camp. It sounded really crazy at first, but after trying out the running route, it was really quite okay. About 6 kilometres or so. In fact, it was rather refreshing for a change. It's always interesting to run different routes to prevent boredom from setting in. That's already happening to me when I run in-camp. Anyway, we met the rest of the guys for dinner and walked around a bit, before taking the train back to Yio Chu Kang and then running back to camp from there.

I've definitely got to increase my mileage to train for the half Singapore Marathon. Not much time left, considering we'll be in India for like eleven days. That at least three to four training sessions gone. Not to mention the deterioration in physical condition that I'll most probably go through with the kind of activity, food and weather that I'll experience there. Hopefully we'd get see the Taj Mahal or something. Haha. The only thing that I might be looking forward to would be the duty-free shopping at Changi Airport. Oh well. About three weeks to go to the trip. Hmmm.

And I'm still debating with myself and Samuel Kwa and some of my other friends who've got weight issues. No, not how to lose the calories, but more like how to pack on those pounds. Mass gainers are highly effective, but expensive, even after the 50% promotional offer at GNC, three huge bottles of erm, powder cost about $150. You need two to three bottles of those to see the effects. Well that's what the saleswoman said. And you need to keep taking them in order to retain and increase your weight, after which, you can start taking protein powder to build up your muscles. A big drain to your wallet if you're really serious about building up your body the artificial way (if eating and eating and exercising doesn't work for you that is.) Not to mention the enormous amount of discipline that you've gotta have to keep training to get into shape, and the miles I've gotta shave off my usual running regime in order not to burn off the calories so quickly. Then again, Fitri Zakaria introduced these weight gain pills promoted by SAFRA, retailing at a fifth of the price. The only thing is, I don't know their effectiveness for sure. Anyway, the link's below:

NS40
Nutra-Life

Both my cards came this week. I've gotta be really careful on how I use them. If not I'd rack up a bad credit history that'll ruin my financial life. Still, I can hardly wait for my Interbank GIRO application to be approved, then I'd be able to start using them with less fear of late payments. Haha.

Alright, Games Day against Living Praise after combined service tomorrow. First "bilateral" exchange for the senior youth and young adults with our sister church. I bet it's gonna be exciting. =)
Last Saturday. At the failed 1st ASC Detachment 5 gathering. Even Alvin Chow's Picanto broked down in the middle of the Suntec area before we finally reached Clarke Quay. But Iguana had good stuff man. Really. =)