A Bum's Life
On Tuesday I went for my X-ray and orthopaedist appointment for my right knee. At Jurong Medical Centre. And I thought that I wouldn't be seeing Boon Lay for the rest of my life. I didn't have a choice though. The only way for me to change the location of future appointments would be for me to go down in person to ask the specialist for a transfer. So much for the IT revolution. Haha.
So anyway, the good news is, my knee is perfectly fine, save for some irregularity with my knee cap (probably due to wear and tear). And the pain that I used to experience was due to a ligament strain, not tear, as earlier feared. The funny thing is, the pain stopped after I ran Sundown. I mean, yes I experienced the worst kind of cramps ever possible but at least they dissipated two days into my Dubai trip after some walking around, but at least there was no more pain in the right knee! Thank God for that really. =)
The bad news is, Boon Lay hasn't changed much at all. Maybe except for some of the HDB blocks near the interchange that had been repainted. It's still smelly (burning cocoa and soya sauce), dreary and far away. And the people there still look depressed. Okay, it's been only about a month since I shifted, but it does feel like eternity. No I don't miss it at all. Nope, not one bit.
In other news, wait, I haven't been reading the papers for the past three weeks. But anyway, in other news, I'm starting to enjoy my driving lessons. I've been stalling less often, having fewer near misses, and increasing my speed on the roads. But that's because I haven't experienced the frustrations of three-point turns, and the dreaded parking modules. So we shall see. =)
Other than driving, I'm really getting used to this life. Waking up late, going out, slacking at home. What more could you ask for? The only constant worry that I seem to have is the perpetual cash-flow problem. And the enormous amount of paperwork and bureacucratic red-tape that all prospective undergraduates have to go through before matriculation.
First things first. The bad news: My cash reserves are dwindling because I'm unemployed and there're driving lessons and the Siem Reap trip to be paid for. Not to mention daily expenses and transport costs for the next month or so. And maybe even topping up the extra costs for my laptop and raising enough to pay for insurance premiums by year's end. The good news: Tuition starts in July. Hopefully this one will last through to at least the end of the year. Then maybe I'll have enough to pay for all the above mentioned. =D
Okay all of a sudden my writing juices have stopped flowing. So I'll end here. Ahahaha.

<< Home