Up to Here
I'm having this rather irritating cold. Since Thursday night to be exact. After being showered with prickly heat powder, smeared with camoflage cream, taupok-ed and having to bathe in cold water after that. That, ladies and gentlemen, was the finale to my birthday "celebration" back in dear old Khatib Camp. Well besides the barrage of well-wishes in the form of SMSes and feasting on snacks of course. Hah.
A stuffy nose and cough certainly wasn't part of the bargain when it comes to receiving birthday presents. Especially since IPPT's coming up this Tuesday. I really hope to get that Gold man. Only a few cm short of that. Yeah, the much dreaded standing broad jump as usual. Hopefully I'd be able to make the distance on that day. And of course, I also hope to cut down on my 2.4 k.m. timing, maybe down below the 9 minute barrier. Hah. What am I thinking. We don't run much in Artillery, besides the leisurely 5 and 7 km runs every Tuesday and Friday. Realistically speaking, I just hope to hit the Gold mark. $200 awaits, if I manage to achieve that standard! Like free money can.
Had to leave Terrence and Khim's wedding dinner, halfway on Sunday night, during the fourth course to be exact. Yeah, duty calls. Haha. Monday was quite tough I must say. Camoflaging the gun is really like doing SOC over and over again. Besides that, the rest of the week was quite okay. Next week's gonna be quite alright too, now that we're into our driving phase. Who knows, we might get our nights off. =D Unfortunately I'm on guard this Saturday. Wah lao. So fast again for what right. Weekend duty = 24 hours = No weekend, except a few hours of book out on Friday and Sunday night. Very sad man. =(
Every weekend practically flies by just like that. There just seems to be so many things to do, so many people to catch up with. I hope I'm not over-stretching myself. But then again, there's really not much time to do anything in camp these days, so everything gets pushed to Sautrday and Sunday, hence the backlog. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm someone who can't really manage my time properly or can't handle stress and deadlines. There've been so many times I've felt my hands are full. So much so that even people-to-people relationships can become strained. Tension's mounting. I can feel it.
Photographs from Sunday's wedding dinner. Outdated I know. But when you've been in camp for the whole week, everything else outside seems new and unfamiliar to you. Looks like some JC's prom right. Haha. (Entry Last Updated: 2300 hours, 30 September 2006)



<< Home