Amidst the Festivities
I’m torn between what I want for Christmas. A new phone? There couldn’t be a more tempting time to consider getting a new phone, because prices seem to be at historic lows (with new signups of course). Ah well… A new camera? Both? Haha fat hope.
Well to begin with, I really need a new non-camera phone, at least until my duty to the country is fulfilled somewhere in the first few months of 2008. Reason being, my current N8250, while extremely versatile and loyal, is beginning to show its age. Four illustrious years of service with Daddy and now with yours truly, have begun to take its toll. The battery life is painfully short and there’re loose connections here and there. Yeah, you get the picture. My supposedly newer N3230 is also giving me some problems e.g. restarting by itself, always jamming when you need to send that urgent SMS or make that all-important phone call etc. But that is another story, and I’ll wait till post NS days before deciding if I should get a new camera/3G phone.
As for a camera, the need isn’t really that great. It’s just that it can be a little frustrating at times when you take big group pictures or try to snap beautiful scenic shots, the resolution isn’t always fantastic. At 3.2 mega pixels, even the latest camera mobile phones can easily beat it hands down i.e. Nokia N95. Of course, mega pixels aren’t the only factor determining quality and there are other reasons, like a lousy photographer that affect the shots coming out from the camera. Haha. Okay so no camera for now. I'll stick with the faithful Konica Minolta Dimage. =)
So much for all that materialistic thinking!
But I DO like Christmas. Not just the present exchanges (none for me this year! Especially after spending a bomb on clothes not too long ago!), feasting and meeting up with old friends. I’m talking about how this season gives us Christians the prime time to broadcast to the world about the true meaning of all the celebrations. When else do you hear the name of Christ being proclaimed so loudly in the most public of places (e.g. Orchard Road), through caroling, nativity scenes and even on TV? When else are people more receptive to invites to The Clown Musical, and listening to the true story of Christmas (no, not the one written by Charles Dickens)? Now’s the time! It certainly is a rare opportunity not to be missed!
Men will live because of Christmas Day. Thanks to the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour, we now have the hope of eternal life and of living purposefully to please God. There shouldn’t be any greater joy than this, not at least one that lasts for eternity. Am I glad to be part of this exciting promise of a true faith!
Nothing wrong with a little bit of commercialism though. Just don’t overdo it!
Well to begin with, I really need a new non-camera phone, at least until my duty to the country is fulfilled somewhere in the first few months of 2008. Reason being, my current N8250, while extremely versatile and loyal, is beginning to show its age. Four illustrious years of service with Daddy and now with yours truly, have begun to take its toll. The battery life is painfully short and there’re loose connections here and there. Yeah, you get the picture. My supposedly newer N3230 is also giving me some problems e.g. restarting by itself, always jamming when you need to send that urgent SMS or make that all-important phone call etc. But that is another story, and I’ll wait till post NS days before deciding if I should get a new camera/3G phone.
As for a camera, the need isn’t really that great. It’s just that it can be a little frustrating at times when you take big group pictures or try to snap beautiful scenic shots, the resolution isn’t always fantastic. At 3.2 mega pixels, even the latest camera mobile phones can easily beat it hands down i.e. Nokia N95. Of course, mega pixels aren’t the only factor determining quality and there are other reasons, like a lousy photographer that affect the shots coming out from the camera. Haha. Okay so no camera for now. I'll stick with the faithful Konica Minolta Dimage. =)
So much for all that materialistic thinking!
But I DO like Christmas. Not just the present exchanges (none for me this year! Especially after spending a bomb on clothes not too long ago!), feasting and meeting up with old friends. I’m talking about how this season gives us Christians the prime time to broadcast to the world about the true meaning of all the celebrations. When else do you hear the name of Christ being proclaimed so loudly in the most public of places (e.g. Orchard Road), through caroling, nativity scenes and even on TV? When else are people more receptive to invites to The Clown Musical, and listening to the true story of Christmas (no, not the one written by Charles Dickens)? Now’s the time! It certainly is a rare opportunity not to be missed!
Men will live because of Christmas Day. Thanks to the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour, we now have the hope of eternal life and of living purposefully to please God. There shouldn’t be any greater joy than this, not at least one that lasts for eternity. Am I glad to be part of this exciting promise of a true faith!
Nothing wrong with a little bit of commercialism though. Just don’t overdo it!

<< Home