Head vs. Heart
It's been some time since my last post. So here's a quick update. The SAF CDF COC (what a mouthful of acronyms, but what's new right?) Parade went alright, we had our Intermediate Close Combat Training and grading from Monday to Thursday, 20SA's own CO COC and my law interview Friday. Saturday was yet another day of indulging in food! I mean, besides YLTC and Faith Factor of course. And Sunday. Well Sunday's gonna be spent right here in camp. Anti-climax right. Yes.
Only two things deserve special mention here. Friday's change of command post-parade reception and my interview. I'll start with my interview first. Apparently the guy who called me up for the interview gave me the wrong location and I had to walk a few rounds before ending up at the School of Law (yes, my topography sucks big time). Everyone going for the interview were quite formally dressed (long sleeved-shirts/blouses with dress pants/skirts, some had ties on too you know) Well, most of them anyway. Most of them were also one year my junior, since SMU's Law School just opened for application. The 15 minute written test was woefully short, considering the fact that I used to condition myself to writing 3 X 45-minute essays for each paper back in my JC days. The interview was done in groups of threes, not unlike NTU's School of Mass Comm. Overall, it went alright. Even so, I still don't know which course I should really go for. It's a matter of my head versus my heart. My will against God's will. I'll still continue to pray, that the outcome of the interview'd be what God really wants me to study next year, and that I'd be able to accept it, whatever it might be. It's gonna be a long wait...
The COC parade itself wasn't fantastically interesting, but the food and drinks they served after that was fabulously delicious. Oyster omelettes, soup kambing, popiahs, barbequed stingray, otahs, taiwan sausages, cockles, fried chicken wings, fries, Tiger beer (the preferred choice for the SAF)... And to think we could order all we could eat - for FREE! It's not that often that you get to get such a good deal you know. Haha. Very delicious I'm telling you. I ate to much that when I eventually got back late that night, I simply had to shit it all out.
Saturday! Met up with Hannah over Pizza Hut at Jurong Point. Yes, I've been hanging around there a lot lately, especially the past two weeks, since I was at SAFTI. Then there was YLTC. Not that it's for the young adults, but still, I thought it'd be good for us mentors/advisers to attend, in order for us to update ourselves and hey, we all need spiritual refreshment yes. The Seventeens were a small group, some were uncontactable and others, busy as ever. Still, yesterday's discussion session was alright, at least we did share some of our problems and pray for one another. And Jon Ma signed on with the navy under the LSA. Was pretty shocked at first, just like everyone else (esp. those serving NS). But after a while, it dawned on me that he didn't do it on impulse, and only after much prayer, consideration and the support from his parents. Maybe it's a good idea you know... Haha. Nahh, not for me, not at least for the near future.
On duty today. Will miss service and ACM. Which means I won't be able to vote for Uncle Rodney to be our Associate Minister, among others running for elections. Still, I'm sure that he'd be elected with a strong mandate from the congregation. All the best to him and his family! =)
Alright. Will try to catch up on some sleep, say, before turning on that DVD player. Exercise tomorrow and Tuesday! Till then. =)

<< Home