Creatures of the Night
Okay, AHM training @ MacRitchie Reservoir Park wasn't too bad after all. Sure, there were the occasional slippery sections and rocky, uneven patches on the running route, but it wasn't as shiong as I thought it would be. The weather was hot and humid, but relief came in the form of the shady canopy. And the determining factor was that we didn't even run the full 15 kilometres. Three rounds of the route that we took only added up to 13 kilometres or so, enabling the first two runners to clock a respectable time of just over 1 hour.
Still, running of more than an hour made me famished. Lunch at Cathay Cineleisure's Pasta Mania was not too bad, at least I tried something different from the Creamy Chicken Pasta. Haha. By then, some fatigue had set in (you know, delayed exhaustion from running...), so I headed for home. Even so, there wasn't much time to rest, as there was dinner waiting at Lot 1 followed by a trip to the Night Safari. Haven't been there since what, ten years ago?
Thankfully, Marianne Lee had discount coupons that enabled all seven of us to get admission to the place at 50% off the usual ticket price. No I'm not being cheap here. I mean, it's seriously not worth $22 to strain to look at animals in the dark and watch the Creatures of the Night show that's mainly catered to families with younger children. And being a tourist spot, everything from souvenirs and hor fun (priced $20) is way over-priced. As Bryan said, such outings are more suitable for erm couples, people with a lot of moolah to spend, and for smaller, quieter groups that truly appreciate nocturnal nature. For me, I mainly went for the company. =)
Anyway, a long weekend lies ahead. Will be on leave on Monday and off on Tuesday, before trudging most unwillingly back to camp on Wednesday for the National Day Observance Parade and Battalion Safety Day. Then it'll be the National Day holiday and another leave on Friday again. Eight days of well-deserved rest, with a break in between of course.
In the meantime, the schedule's filling up with house gatherings, the usual Faith Factor sessions, service and catching up with old friends. I can't wait for payday this coming Friday. It's been a struggle trying to keep to the budget. I'm down to the last $50. Been overspending on food and entertainment again. Then again, what's new. Hah.
And here's a flying fox in one of the "uncaged" exhibits. No flash photography's allowed though.


<< Home