Singapore Bay Run 2007
I'm so much darker now lah. No, tanned isn't the word, since I'm already brown. I'm more like burnt now, thanks to the days spent at Pasir Laba Camp camouflaging buildings under the afternoon sun. Yeah, you got that right, climbing up rooftops and ledges to cover up SISPEC company buildings for the upcoming Army Open House. Sorta re-lived the good old trainee days, reminiscing about how good facilities there actually were, compared to current conditions. Hah.
Still not a week goes by without highlights. Like how I cost the government another S$406.00 for another two pairs of insoles I ordered on Friday. Yup, the current two are so good that I decided to make more of them. Really useful when walking or running in shoes or boots. That brings the total bill so far to over a thousand dollars so far. Cool.
Marianne Lee's birthday was on Friday. No harm wishing you again here. It's been an amazing two decades of friendship, so here's to many more years to come girl! =) Supposedly surprised her at VivoCity. But she left for steamboat celebrations back at hall, so the KPC people had dinner by ourselves at Carl's Junior.
But the highlight for the week was the Singapore Bay Run (encompassing the Sheares Bridge Run and Army Half Marathon) this morning. Lacking sufficient sleep, we ran the full 21 kilometres for the first time. Well at least for me. Managed to meet my personal target of an hour and fifty plus minutes to complete the run. Definitely thrilled and thankful about that! Left with very painful knees and feet though. Hopefully I'd recover by erm, tomorrow? Gonna be walking around quite a bit for the Army Open House and I can barely walk or climb stairs now. Haha. Was also heartened to see so many KPC people taking part - Bryan and Andrew for the 12km SBR, Uncle Rodney, Uncle Yak Jin, Uncle (COL) Osbert, Uncle Owen, Uncle Kian Seng and Aunty Sarah for the 21km. And boy were they fast for people their age! Wonder if I'd still be like them when I grow older. Hmmm.
Unfortunately the SBR was marred by the sudden death of a friend's cousin. Very shocking. It just puzzles me how someone fit, trained and healthy could just collapse and die just like that. Really. It also hit quite close to home because I do run quite a fair bit and sometimes I disregard warnings and good-intentioned advice not to exert myself too much. Oh well. Life is indeed precious...
Okay, I guess that's about it for now. Gotta book in to Pasir Laba tomorrow for AOH ambassadors' training again. On an off day. Argh.
Still not a week goes by without highlights. Like how I cost the government another S$406.00 for another two pairs of insoles I ordered on Friday. Yup, the current two are so good that I decided to make more of them. Really useful when walking or running in shoes or boots. That brings the total bill so far to over a thousand dollars so far. Cool.
Marianne Lee's birthday was on Friday. No harm wishing you again here. It's been an amazing two decades of friendship, so here's to many more years to come girl! =) Supposedly surprised her at VivoCity. But she left for steamboat celebrations back at hall, so the KPC people had dinner by ourselves at Carl's Junior.
But the highlight for the week was the Singapore Bay Run (encompassing the Sheares Bridge Run and Army Half Marathon) this morning. Lacking sufficient sleep, we ran the full 21 kilometres for the first time. Well at least for me. Managed to meet my personal target of an hour and fifty plus minutes to complete the run. Definitely thrilled and thankful about that! Left with very painful knees and feet though. Hopefully I'd recover by erm, tomorrow? Gonna be walking around quite a bit for the Army Open House and I can barely walk or climb stairs now. Haha. Was also heartened to see so many KPC people taking part - Bryan and Andrew for the 12km SBR, Uncle Rodney, Uncle Yak Jin, Uncle (COL) Osbert, Uncle Owen, Uncle Kian Seng and Aunty Sarah for the 21km. And boy were they fast for people their age! Wonder if I'd still be like them when I grow older. Hmmm.
Unfortunately the SBR was marred by the sudden death of a friend's cousin. Very shocking. It just puzzles me how someone fit, trained and healthy could just collapse and die just like that. Really. It also hit quite close to home because I do run quite a fair bit and sometimes I disregard warnings and good-intentioned advice not to exert myself too much. Oh well. Life is indeed precious...
Okay, I guess that's about it for now. Gotta book in to Pasir Laba tomorrow for AOH ambassadors' training again. On an off day. Argh.
Pre-run. Rush to wait, wait to rush.

1st ASC Detachment 5 minus Wei Cong and Mun Keong.
Took this about five minutes after I crossed the line.

65 000 sweaty bodies.
Couldn't get a clear shot man. =(
For memories' sake. There were the medals too! For finishing 21.1km. =)
<< Home