End of the Hols
Tomorrow marks the end of the eight-day break. Well it's eight complete days for me because of the fever, cold and throat infection that had me grounded for four days. Four days resting at home and sleeping most of the day and doing nothing much. Ah well, what a waste of the hols really.
While National Day was the last day spent at home recuperating, there was the NDP07 @ the Marina Bay to look forward. It's something to look forward to every year. It's always nice to enjoy a meal of Canadian Pizza or some other take-away watching the parade with loved ones. It's the next best thing to watching the event LIVE. Which only happened to me when I was in Primary 5 during the NE Show, and when I was fifteen, participating in mass display Act 3 itself. Those were the good old days man. =)
Friday saw me fully recovered to shop for Andrew's belated birthday present with Marianne, around Marina Square in the afternoon. Settled on a Nautica polo T-shirt after painstakingly looking through various designs. The other eight came later for dinner at Suntec City's Pepper Lunch, followed by dessert at some Jap restaurant (you know how bad I am at remembering Jap names right) back at Marina Square. Ended up sharing some Mango dessert with Maxim, which really was ice-kacang in disguise, no doubt at a much more exorbitant price. Dawn hasn't sent us the photographs of that session yet though. I'll post them up once she does. =)
Saturday was another packed day. Dropped by Zhi Ming's place for his son's one-month birthday celebrations, before making it just on time for EXCO meeting in KPC. Looks like more guidance's needed for the Evangelism committee and Fellowship's yet to find new leaders. Gotta help guide Glenn and Melvin, who're still new to the leadership positions of E Com. Well, so am I. At least to the job of helping to lead E Com. First time you know.
August is the month for birthdays. Tanya's was on Monday. Andrew's was on Wednesday. Jon Ma's was on Friday, Kim's two days' from now. Shuhui's on Wednesday. And the list goes on. No less than eight or nine that I can remember of as of now. Thankfully I don't have to get presents for all, but still, when at four of them are from your Faith Factor group, you can't not do anything for them right? So the cards and cake have been bought, and it's that time of the month when pay's in but yet you're already spending it very quickly. Yup, so don't blame me if I stinge when it comes to outings at the end of this particular month okay. =D
For now, it's back to reality. Battalion exercise next week! The weekend's not even over, yet I'm already looking earnestly to this coming Friday's mentoring and dinner session. Mind you, it's both things I'm looking forward to, not just the dinner!

<< Home