Ahhh
Dead bored at work. Not that I'm complaining, having done many fruitful things like reading the papers, surfing the web, researching on university and polytechnic life (don't ask why), checking up on travel websites, contemplating about the limited choices I have for lunch, and working hard of course.
I can memorise my credit card number. Now that's not good because it means that I've been using it a lot. That doesn't include the signature-based transactions. Like Monday's mentoring session with the usual three at TCC. I think I'm gonna bust the limit and empty my bank account, even before payday. Can't wait for April 18. =)
Visiting two neighbouring countries in the same overseas trip is like killing two birds with one stone. Not that killing birds with stones is a nice thing to do, but it'll help save money (rather than to go on two seperate trips and buy air tickets twice), and it'd be nice to have many more stamps on your passport. For example, Vietnam-Cambodia-Laos, or any of the varying order. Okay, maybe not Laos. Too remote to consider for a short trip. And besides, I don't know what's there to see in Vientiane or Luang Prabang, or the rest of the country for that matter. Maybe next time, when there's time and the money to travel Southeast Asia. Oh wait, I don't think there'll be a next time. Next time it'll be Europe! Haha. Nothing wrong to dream right.
Even so, for a two-country trip, there're transportation issues to consider. Like how am I suppose to get to Siem Reap from Ho Chi Minh? Most budget airlines don't fly intra-IndoChina, if you know what I mean, so that only leave travelling hundreds of kilometres overland in poor transport and infrastructural conditions, which incidentally also takes up a lot of time. Other than that, budget airfare and hostel accommodation can be relatively cheap (think just over SGD200 for everything (including taxes and surcharges, excluding most food - still cheap, shopping and bribes paid to corrupt officials along the way!). Now that makes it really worthwhile. =)
Okay, but before we get all carried away, nothing's been confirmed yet. Not even who's going, or the dates of travel or whether we're even going in the first place. There're always so many things that hold you back, like money, jobs, and the details that we might not agree on. So let's just wait and see how discussions proceed and we'll decide from there.
How does Highlander on Saturday sound like? Or Hotstones Steakhouse? Or The Pump Room? Negotiations need to take place in condusive surroundings you know. =)

<< Home