Sunday, April 06, 2008

TNSE

Maybe I'll take Pol. Science after all. I like macro-level kinda stuff. Haven't been a big fan of detail unless forced to delve into them anyway. Dawn's notes looks interesting too. ASEAN. EU. Then maybe a career in MFA or MINDEF (NON-UNIFORMED PLEASE), or some other government ministry or stat board. Why not right? Just keeping my options opened. =)

Anyways, KPC just had it's annual ACM today. It seems that there're many grand plans in the pipeline, with some materialising within the year. Pretty cool to have more toilets, lifts, soundproofing the auditorium, a cafe, redesigning the foyer and even expanding the sanctuary. Which brings us to the chicken and egg question - which comes first? The chicken, or the egg? No I mean, do more people have to come in order to fill the sanctuary, or do we expand the sanctuary to accomodate more people first? Does it warrant spending so much to upgrade the facilities if we don't make the effort to bring in and retain the people?

We can have all the hardware we want, just like the Singapore Armed Forces, with its latest 3G nonsense. But if we don't have the software i.e. NSFs with poor morale and little desire to defend our country, and in this case, poor people skills, lack of evangelism efforts, no amount of money in the world can buy our desired objectives.

Then there's the usual annual elections. I really hope our congregation knows who they vote for because frankly, I don't know much about many of the members standing for elections. Sure they show photographs and stuff like that, but what about a short write up or some introduction? Especially for our secret service members who come maybe once or twice a year. That's one step forward in reducing the chance of the elections turning out to be a mere rubber stamping process. Yes I know, I should have voiced it out but the thought only came to me when the election results came out. Maybe next year. Haha.

Speaking of elections, some exciting things're gonna be happening in the RTPC this two weeks. Besides the much anticipated Sentosa trip, there're also gonna be "elections" for the post of Chairperson for the trade exercise and smaller elections with their various working groups. So exciting. Much like a real trade negotiation exercise that trains them for their future postings in their various ministries. It'll be fun to watch the intense politicking and behind-the-scenes jockeying for influence - something that happens on a national and international level in organisations like the WTO and UN.

I think I'll drop by KRC again, once of these days. Especially since I've got a free shuttle bus to and from the place. To get myself more acquainted with my future home, i.e. the food outlets and maybe even to meet up with old friends. That'd be nice. =) Maybe Friday.

It's not as filling as it looks. Really. Now I've become like those giggly girls who like to take pictures of their food. Haha.

Everyone loves Samuel.