Blue Beret
Finally, a full weekend out of camp. Haha. Weekend guard duty really make you appreciate the outside life more. And the good news is, there won't be anymore guard duties for the rest of October. Good luck to those who get them in November, especially after the outfield weeks. =D
Some things I'd like to thank God for this week - firstly I managed to pass my driving test. No not the Class 3 licence, but our dear old 13-tonned FH88 gun howitzer. Considering the fact that I got 54 demerit points and almost freaked out the day before the test, I'm really grateful that He helped calm my nerves before the so-called big event. Still, I've gotta learn to be less kan-cheong (or is that how you spell it?) when driving or guiding the gun on the move. And of course, being able to drive in a straight line. Haha. Secondly, I just might have the chance to pass my SOC. I'm still using the wrong technique I think, but using raw arm power does help to clear the low rope - well to some extent. Heh. Somehow though, I still managed to trip over the horizontal bar (which happens to be one of the easiest obstacles) and got scolded for that. Ahahaha. Of course I still need to work on my timing, which at 9:59 minutes, remains very very risky. But still, thank God for helping me with SOC anyway. =)
Went to Paragon's Spageddies on Thursday's night's off. Good food comes at a heavy price. But this time it was really worth it, especially since we had SOC this week. Wished I took some pictures of what we ate but no camera phones are allowed in camp. Yes, we are a meritocratic society that rewards hard work you see. Ahah. The seafood was good and we all left the place thoroughly satisfied.
And I didn't know Gillette Mach 3 shaver heads cost that much. $20.50 for 8 pieces? I don't even need to shave that often. Too bad the current head's almost worn out. Replacement time. =(
Anyway, we got our blue berets on Wednesday. United Nations leh. No lah, blue's for Artillery and other support arms (except Armour, which uses black. Quite cool I must say). I don't think most people can tell the difference between a clerk or an Arty spec though, save for the formation patch on the collar. Both wear blue berets. Hah. Supposed to season it for POP day. Can't really remember how to do it right. It's been at least two years - yup, the good old NPCC days back in Temasek.
Alright alright. Gotta get changed. Maybe I'll work out later I think. Need to train for SOC. Or after I get back from Pastor Kuo Yung's place tonight. If I feel like running. How unlikely. Haha.
I wished I had more time to find out how you guys're doing. It's been so long and I can't help but feel the distance keeps on growing with each passing week. Maybe it's a new reality that I've gotta learn to get used to. I can understand it, but I certainly can't accept it.


<< Home