New Year Resolutions
Being on leave beats being in camp hands down. But being at home while on leave with not much to can really bore you to death. Or make you start thinking too much about certain things that you're not really suppose to be thinking too much about.
And it can get really lonely sometimes. When it seems that there's no one to relate to. Or when the few who can are busy. Or sometimes they might just not understand. Too much alone time's really not good.
But there are things to do to fill up the time. There're early job applications to consider, scholarship essays to edit, spring cleaning, gymming, swimming, running, catching up on lost QT and Bible reading and so on. Still, life has slowed down so much more after the Christmas-New Year period. After Sentosa on New Year's Eve. Siloso Beach was mostly cordoned off for the countdown, but there was surprisingly still enough space for games and running around. Wasted two free tickets to the countdown at VivoCity though. Hmmm.
Anyway, I've yet to get started on my resolutions for the New Year, and I'm officially three days' late already. It's not really the lack of time, although I spent New Year doing guard. I just can't seem to get down to doing serious stuff like writing essays and goal-setting. Everything's quite foggy now, from the lack of sleep and thinking too much about other things. It's affecting my daily life you know. Like how I brought my office keys out of camp and only realised it when I reached Yio Chu Kang MRT station. Wasted $11.30 on cab fare for a round-trip to return them. The new fare system is crazy lah.
This Saturday'll be the first Young Adult Leaders' training. Although we're still welcomed to join in Faith Factor's Orientation Week session, it'll really feel strange not being in Youth after some eight years. Guess I won't be seeing some faces that often anymore, since they don't come on Sundays. Then again, I've lost touch with most of what's going on and who's coming and going, so I guess it won't make much of a difference. I don't know. I'm talking nonsense. Haha.
And it can get really lonely sometimes. When it seems that there's no one to relate to. Or when the few who can are busy. Or sometimes they might just not understand. Too much alone time's really not good.
But there are things to do to fill up the time. There're early job applications to consider, scholarship essays to edit, spring cleaning, gymming, swimming, running, catching up on lost QT and Bible reading and so on. Still, life has slowed down so much more after the Christmas-New Year period. After Sentosa on New Year's Eve. Siloso Beach was mostly cordoned off for the countdown, but there was surprisingly still enough space for games and running around. Wasted two free tickets to the countdown at VivoCity though. Hmmm.
Anyway, I've yet to get started on my resolutions for the New Year, and I'm officially three days' late already. It's not really the lack of time, although I spent New Year doing guard. I just can't seem to get down to doing serious stuff like writing essays and goal-setting. Everything's quite foggy now, from the lack of sleep and thinking too much about other things. It's affecting my daily life you know. Like how I brought my office keys out of camp and only realised it when I reached Yio Chu Kang MRT station. Wasted $11.30 on cab fare for a round-trip to return them. The new fare system is crazy lah.
This Saturday'll be the first Young Adult Leaders' training. Although we're still welcomed to join in Faith Factor's Orientation Week session, it'll really feel strange not being in Youth after some eight years. Guess I won't be seeing some faces that often anymore, since they don't come on Sundays. Then again, I've lost touch with most of what's going on and who's coming and going, so I guess it won't make much of a difference. I don't know. I'm talking nonsense. Haha.
Standard activity when it comes to playing on the beach.
In a daze - after hours of frisbee, volleyball and even the traditional Pepsi-Cola game
Too tired to finish a complete Carl's Junior meal, even Claudia had to help out.
Somehow I feel this overwhelming instinct to be there, to watch out for you, to care for you, to guide you along, even though I may not know much about where you'll be going or what you're going through right now. Somehow I just feel so much for you, with regards to the circumstances you're in. Somehow, this instinct's been with me for a very long time. I don't know why.

<< Home