Monday, February 11, 2008

Cheese and Whiskers

Chinese New Year passed so fast. Not before the usual angbao collection, snacking, feasting, exchange of pleasantries and updates on life, and the customary "oh-you're-so-tall-taller-than-your-father-already!". Which of course, is very untrue.

I don't have many pictures of the events that took place the past five days or so since ORD, but I must say I did enjoy myself pretty much. Besides the usual visitations, we also celebrated Dawn's 21st birthday @ Island Resort East Coast. Did ten click before that, and somehow, for some reason, my legs feel like I've just completed a half marathon. Must be the lack of running for the past three weeks or so. Anyhow I've got to up the training pace pretty soon. Glad I bought that knee and ankle support. Cost a bomb though.

Anyway, back to Dawn's birthday. The chalet was small, but there were fun games and cake-smashing, and the whole event was very well-organised. Caryn's 21st will be this coming Saturday. Woohoo. More feasting and celebrations. More money spent on presents too. =( But on the whole, I'm really looking forward to attending more of such functions this year. You get to meet up with friends whom you've lost contact with and really gives you valuable insights on how to plan such parties.

Today. First working day of freedom after the CNY festivities. Signed up for Class 3 (at last!) at Ubi with Cheryl. Good thing Basic Theory's for life, so I can start on practical lessons right away, while waiting to re-take my Final Theory which expires in March. Then again, it doesn't make sense for me to travel all the way from Boon Lay to Eunos for driving lessons on a twice a week or even weekly basis right? I don't know. Even my future work place is so far away. I'm not sure if there's enough time to pass if I wait till I shift. That will be in April. Rather late. Hope to get my license before school starts and other things come in to fill my time. Like part-time work to earn some pocket money. Hmmm.

Either way, driving is so expensive! Not that I didn't know when I first signed up two year ago, but after working out the sums, it's going to take out a big part of my salary when I get my pay cheque at the end of the contract. I've still got to set aside some funds for the Vietnam trip. Or Beijing. I'd prefer China. Oh well.

What a random entry. My thoughts are all over the place. Hmmm.

Fabricca @ Dempsey Hill. On the third evening of CNY. Just enough to satisfy, but not make you full. Nice. Could have been more generous with the truffle potato fries though. =)

Contrast: Fei Fei Coffeeshop @ Joo Chiat Place. Sunday morning brunch. Enough to feed ten people at half the cost. Haha.