Feel Good Week
Finally. Managed to clear my SOC test in 9.18 minutes on Thursday. Yeah I know it's quite slow to most of you guys out there, but it's really quite a personal achievement for me, considering that I've never passed SOC in my entire NS life before. And also considering the fact that I was coughing quite a bit before the test. Really thank God man. =)
This week was also quite a relaxing one (besides the two SOC sessions of course), spent dismantling and maintaining the gun howitzers amidst tonnes of oil and grease. Nights' off was spent thrashing our gunnery counterparts at CS (it's been so long!) in a small LAN shop somewhere near Khatib Camp. They may be super fit at everything from IPPT to SOC, but at least we can beat them when it comes to first person shooter games. Haha. Friday was the slackest, with all of us spending the whole day in civilian clothing. How's that man. ;) Some NE lectures followed by a visit to the Singapore Discovery Centre. Then came the highlight of the week - dinner at Billy Bombers, thanks to the $30 voucher that I happen to have. I must say their milkshakes are heavenly. =) Too bad all good things must come to an end, and after next week would come the three shiong-est exercises for the whole of this course, just before we pass out as full-fledged specialists.
Since we're on the topic of good food, I'm not sure if I should attend JJC's Grad Night at Suntec's Ballroom come end of the year. Yes, while it's true that the food they serve isn't too bad, I don't know many juniors (if at all), and I still have to pay quite a bit for the dinner. On the other hand, if I don't go, I'm missing out on an opportunity for nights' off (if I'm already in 20 SA by then) and most importantly, I'm not sure if they'll withhold the prize money from me. Haha. The money should be able to offset the cost of the dinner with leftovers to spare, but still... I've paid up already lah anyway, so I have to go.
Salary increments due to promotion in rank mean that we can now afford more of such good food. And also because we only get to spend this salary mostly on weekends. Anyway I really think we deserved that treat after our relatively sterling performance for SOC - almost 90% passes. Haha. Yeah but as my dad always reminds me not to get use to such a lifestyle, basically because I won't be getting the same amount of pocket money when I start uni life. Which sounds logical, but uni life still seems rather far away. Heh.
Speaking of uni life, I think I'll be applying for next year's scholarship exercise. Yeah again. No harm really. Yup, competing with the huge Dragon year batch of graduating JC2s. Whoa. Tough I should say. Hopefully with my NS portfolio and clearer focus on what I want for myself (which isn't so clear yet at this moment), I'd be able to stand a better chance of at least clinching a few interviews. Oh well. We'll see. Some months to go before applications open.
I think I'm starting to develop some form of emotional attachment to you guys. It's only been a year or so, but having seen how you guys have grown from being so dead and quiet, to people who show great potential and liveliness really touches my heart. It's nice to know how God can use the both of us to reach out to people like you all. And now there's a possibility that we might be transferring to take care of another group, which according to someone else, urgently needs our help and attention. A tougher group that is. I don't know how I'd be able to contribute that much, especially since I've had my fair share of unpleasant memories and deep hurt. On the other hand, it would be a challenge and I do see the need to help nuture the other group. I don't know. Need much prayer and discussion on this issue I must say. Yes.

<< Home