Publicity Blitz
Today was madness. Had 3 publicity and 2 fund-raising presentations to make not counting the one Dawn and Hui Qi took over at Faith Factor. Throat parched, lips dry man. Haha okay, maybe a little exaggeration, but as most of you know, I'm mostly a shy and quiet person, so standing before a big audience still unnerves me sometimes.
Sponsership for Odysessy and IMPACT got off to a slow start, probably due to the initial inertia of the general congregation and the rushed presentation that Marianne Lee and I had to deliver. Not really clear on the details (especially for IMPACT) in the first place. Too much impromptu I guess. But nonetheless, thank God for the generosity of a few individuals, who gave no second thoughts to donate to the ministry fund. Was especially encouraged by Uncle Alan, who not only did his best to persuade his P6 class to sign up for the camp, but also generously offered to sponser certain events/segments of the camp. Not once, but repeatedly offered to help over and over again.
Such warming responses really make me wanna help out for the camp, and make it a success, all for God's glory of course. Too bad we haven't had our schedules for late November/December yet. I don't even know if we'll be having any leave to clear before being posted to 20 SA or whichever unit we may end up after course. Really hope we'll have a few days of much needed break. I hate it when they inform us so last minute (For example, I only found out recently that parents were invited to attend our Passing Out Parade).
Anyway, Odssesy - The Journey Begins is a production by the youths of Katong Presbyterian Church. Details are as follows:
When: 29 November (Wednesday) to 2 December (Saturday)
Where: Boys' Brigade/Girls' Brigade Campsite @ Sembawang
What: Join 60 other campers for 4 days and 3 nights worth of non-stop fun filled events and games. Occasional breathers of Q & A, discussion sessions by our camp speaker on the topic of LIFE.
Who: Any interested youths from 12 to 18 years of age, although exceptions to the age rule may be applied on a case by case basis.
Wish I could give more details but I don't have the soft copy of the brochure with me right now. Those interested can always drop me a msg or SMS or something. And you can always get the hard copy of the brochure. =)
Maybe I'm weird, but I'm someone who really craves stability. Maintaining the comfortable status quo. Since the end of school and as we approach the year 2006, things around me were more or less in a constant state of flux. Which sorta took its toll on me as I struggled to adjust to a single life, odd jobs, and the trouble of changing army units and camps. As I approach my 6th or 7th month of National Service, I've more or less managed to adapt to this new life I have for the next 1 year and 4 months or so. But then again, I'd be shifting again come 6 weeks time - to my final destination for the rest of my full-time NS days. Perhaps only then, would I be able to settle down. To find my feet again. I don't know. The only constant is change.

<< Home