Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Stay Out Week

If last week was the feed good week, this must be the stay out week. First there's Hari Raya Puasa, where our dear Muslim friends can finally breathe a sigh of relief and break fast with their favourite satays and ketupats. Then there's the half-day off-in-lieu tomorrow, and the other half basically consists of some DeepaRaya celebrations (boring). So in essence, we booked in on Sunday night, only to book out on Monday night, ONLY to book in on Tuesday night, book out on Wednesday afternoon and finally booking back in on Wednesday. Not forgetting Friday night's book out of course. Confusing? Yes. Disruptive as well. Wonder why they just couldn't give us off on Monday, which so many other units had. Hmmm.

On the bright side, at least we have Wednesday's half day off. Our Arty OCTs don't even have that privilege but instead, have night training every day of the week. Goodness. And to think they were stuck in Brunei for two extra days because of the haze. Man are the arty specs fortunate. Heh.

Speaking of the haze, it's sorta disrupting my will to go running. Okay, that's only a partial excuse. Most of the time I'm too lazy to wake up earlier to run, or I come back too late and tired at night to pursue this form of otherwise fun exercise. I really miss the camp life runs man. After the SOC test, I've hardly ran anything more than a few hundred metres. Maybe I'll go running on Wednesday. Haha.

Besides running to keep fit, the indulgence in good food has been going on. After Saturday's dinner at Parkway's Burger King, I continued to stuff myself with Indian delicacies at Chandra's place, although I could barely eat. Only about 1/4 of SISPEC 40th BSLC Delta 4 was there, since about 1/4 of our infantry spec counterparts are still training in ROC a.k.a Taiwan and I don't know about the rest.

Anyway, I think that's all I have for now. Going out soon for some fun and games and of course, good food. Haha.

2 X Nice. How's that. =D