End of the Good Life
Been slacking too much lately. Running a few rounds around the estate plus some basic exercises before and in the course of the run have left me rather tired I must say. Well, at least I finally managed to pull myself out of bed earlier this morning, otherwise I'd be waking up around this time (See blog entry time) every Saturday morning. Hah.
Gotta get my fitness back to pre-IPPT and SOC levels, especially since the Big 3 exercises are all coming up, one after the other. I must say we're getting quite used to the relatively idyllic lifestyle for the past two or three weeks, due to the nature of the training programme. Now the pace is gonna pick up very soon. And there goes our "good" life. Oh well. Haha.
Sometimes I envy my friends who seem to be enjoying their NS life. 8 to 5 stay-out vocations, jobs that don't require much work, enabling them to have lots of free time and stuff. Of course, most of their salaries are lower, but they'd rather trade that money for a little more freedom and "relaxation". Then again, I'd take my current situation as a short-term loss and a long-term gain. Well for one thing, my fitness has definitely improved compared to pre enlistment days, although as I always say, there's plenty of room for improvement. Hah. And hopefully after ORD-ing, the NS testimonial depicting the details of my service and rank, would help me in my future applications for scholarships and/or professions. Hopefully this six months of training as a future spec would count for something. Hopefully.
Anyway, really hope to enjoy this weekend as much as possible before the training pace picks up again, so it'll be my second movie for me this week later on, and yes hopefully we'd be eating some good food again this evening and tomorrow as well! Money is an issue again as usual, but let's just put that concern aside for now shall we? =)
Quote of the Day:
"Russell eats mussels and brussels and truffles and ruffles and waffles in Brussels with Raffles."
The blue beret's seasoned and ready. The uniforms have been sent for the ranks to be sewn on. Four more weeks and we'll be through...

<< Home